Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fulfill it on her behalf

Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 51 :: Hadith 16
Narrated Abu Huraira:
When Allah revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Allah's Apostle! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment."
Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 51 :: Hadith 19
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The mother of Sad bin 'Ubada died in his absence. He said, "O Allah's Apostle! My mother died in my absence; will it be of any benefit for her if I give Sadaqa on her behalf?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Sad said, "I make you a witness that I gave my garden called Al Makhraf in charity on her behalf."
Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 51 :: Hadith 20
Narrated Kab bin Malik:
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! For the acceptance of my repentance I wish to give all my property in charity for Allah's sake through His Apostle ." He said, "It is better for you to keep some of the property for yourself." I said, "Then I will keep my share in Khaibar."
Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 51 :: Hadith 23
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Sad bin Ubada consulted Allah's Apostle saying, "My mother died and she had an unfulfilled vow." The Prophet said, "Fulfill it on her behalf."

No comments:

Post a Comment