Monday, August 24, 2009

Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy

Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy
Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 597
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
A man was often cheated in buying. The Prophet said to him, "When you buy something, say (to the seller), No cheating." The man used to say so thenceforward .
Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy
Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 598
Narrated Jabir: A man manumitted a slave and he had no other property than that, so the Prophet cancelled the manumission (and sold the slave for him). No'aim bin Al-Nahham bought the slave from him.
Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 599
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever takes a false oath so as to take the property of a Muslim (illegally) will meet Allah while He will be angry with him." Al-Ash'ath said: By Allah, that saying concerned me. I had common land with a Jew, and the Jew later on denied my ownership, so I took him to the Prophet who asked me whether I had a proof of my ownership. When I replied in the negative, the Prophet asked the Jew to take an oath. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! He will take an oath and deprive me of my property." So, Allah revealed the following verse: "Verily! Those who purchase a little gain at the cost of Allah's covenant and their oaths." (3.77)
Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 600
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Ka'b bin Malik:
Ka'b demanded his debt back from Ibn Abi Hadrad in the Mosque and their voices grew louder till Allah's Apostle heard them while he was in his house. He came out to them raising the curtain of his room and addressed Ka'b, "O Ka'b!" Ka'b replied, "Labaik, O Allah's Apostle." (He said to him), "Reduce your debt to one half," gesturing with his hand. Kab said, "I have done so, O Allah's Apostle!" On that the Prophet said to Ibn Abi Hadrad, "Get up and repay the debt, to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment