Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy

Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy
Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 575
Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man demanded his debts from Allah's Apostle in such a rude manner that the companions of the Prophet intended to harm him, but the Prophet said, "Leave him, no doubt, for he (the creditor) has the right to demand it (harshly). Buy a camel and give it to him." They said, "The camel that is available is older than the camel he demands. "The Prophet said, "Buy it and give it to him, for the best among you are those who repay their debts handsomely. "

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 576
Narrated Hudhaifa:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Once a man died and was asked, 'What did you use to say (or do) (in your life time)?' He replied, 'I was a business-man and used to give time to the rich to repay his debt and (used to) deduct part of the debt of the poor.' So he was forgiven (his sins.)" Abu Masud said, "I heard the same (Hadith) from the Prophet."

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 579
Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:

I went to the Prophet while he was in the Mosque. (Mis'ar thinks, that Jabir went in the forenoon.) After the Prophet told me to pray two Rakat, he repayed me the debt he owed me and gave me an extra amount.

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 580
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

My father was martyred on the day (of the battle) of Uhud, and he was in debt. His creditors demanded their rights persistently. I went to the Prophet (and informed him about it). He told them to take the fruits of my garden and exempt my father from the debts but they refused to do so. So, the Prophet did not give them my garden and told me that he would come to me the next morning. He came to us early in the morning and wandered among the datepalms and invoked Allah to bless their fruits. I then plucked the dates and paid the creditors, and there remained some of the dates for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment